Hello everyone!

We hope you are all well, that you are keeping yourselves safe, and managing to take part in regular exercise (within the Welsh Government’s guidelines, of course). With no imminent races to look forward to, motivation levels can take a hit. However, in our view, the most important thing is that you are able to keep yourselves fit and healthy and do your bit to protect our wonderful NHS.

We promised you an update about our race in early May, so here it is. In what should have been the build up to this year’s Red Kite Challenge, Welsh Athletics, in collaboration with the other Home Country Athletics Federations and UKA, have extended the suspension of all athletics competition until at least the June 30th (full details can be found on Welsh Athletics’ website:

We have had many discussions about what is the right thing to do, with your safety and well-being, being paramount. As the Red Kite Challenge was to be a Championship race, part of the decision to postpone or cancel falls to Welsh Athletics. We are sorry that this doesn’t give you a definitive answer yet, but with the constantly evolving situation, unfortunately we cannot be any clearer at this time. We will, of course, provide you with an update as soon as we can.

For those of you who have entered the 2020 race, we thank you for your support, and don’t worry, your entry is safe. Once we have a decision about a new date, we will contact you with your options.

For now, stay safe, and we hope to see you all back racing again very soon!